https://writersexpertise.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/LOG3-300x75.png 0 0 developer https://writersexpertise.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/LOG3-300x75.png developer2022-04-18 00:42:412022-04-18 00:42:41Elsaesser, Hagener, “Cinema as Mirror: Face and Close-up.”
- Elsaesser, Hagener, “Cinema as Mirror: Face and Close-up.”
- Jean Epstein: “On Magnification,” “On Certain Characteristics of Photogenie”
- Béla Balázs, “The Close-up”
Respond to the questions for the texts of the week:
- What are the authors’ main arguments?
- How do the texts dialogue with one another?
- What do Balázs’s and Epstein’s text tell us about early film experience? Use quotes from the texts, focusing on two concepts.
- How did the readings change your own view of film?
- Your comment on the author’s argument about something that stood out to you, or that you’d like more explanation on.