What do you know about financial analysis? Use these resources and steps to work through the material. If you wish to do additional research, feel free to do so. If you grasp the concepts, feel free to move to the task and spend your time completing it. Your first submission will be a draft. Once you receive feedback from your instructor dig deeper into the content and analysis to submit a well rounded assignment.
*note: if you received a textbook for this course, use it as a resource to accomplish your assignments. Multiple resources are built into the course.
EXPLORE FINANCE BASICS.
- Begin by watching this short 1 hour LinkedIn Learning course about Finance for Non- Financial Managers with Kay Stice and Jim Stice
- Read Part 1 of Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice, Third Edition
- Watch Sections 1 (Introduction) & 9 (Personal Financial Planning) of the LinkedIn Learning course: Finance Foundations with Kay Stice and Jim Stice
- Read chapter 5 of The Portable MBA, 5th Edition
RESEARCH AND COLLECT INFORMATION FOR THE SWOT ANALYSIS.
- Fiat Chrysler Automobile LLC (Formerly known as Chrysler)
- Review the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA LLC) website
- Search the Edgar Database for additional information about FCA LLC
- Review the General Motors investor’s website
- Search the Edgar Database for additional information about GM
REVIEW TOOLS FOR WRITING THE SWOT
- Review a SWOT Analysis Template.
- Watch the LinkedIn Learning video: Writing the SWOT from the course: Writing a Business Report with Judy Steiner-Williams
- Master Excel through watching Excel 2016 Essential Training with Dennis Taylor (LinkedIn Learning), and use the exercise files.
- Review SWOT Analysis Examples
- Review a sample SWOT Analysis of Ford Motor Company
Conduct a financial SWOT analysis on Chrysler and GM.