In this Assignment, you will have an opportunity to view a set of slides. After viewing all of the choices of sets of slides, choose one of the sets that best represents your desired career field. Then, describe and analyze what you viewed according to the following directions. Each paragraph should be a minimum of 5–7 sentences.
Your Assignment should include:
Part 1: View and Analysis (3–4 paragraphs)
Describe and explain what you viewed. Answer the following questions in your response:
- Which set of slides did you choose to view? How does this set of slides relate to your own career?
- Were the individuals professional? What made the individuals professional (consider attire, non-verbal communication skills, presentation of self, and identify and describe specific things in the slides that made the individuals professional)?
- After reviewing the slides, list and explain specific areas that would be unprofessional on the slides as well as in your field when considering attire, non-verbal communication skills, and presentation of self.
- Include any additional thoughts focused on professionalism based on what you viewed on the slides.
Part 2: Personal Reflection and Connection (4 paragraphs)
- Describe the appropriate attire for an individual in your profession. Provide specific examples of appropriate attire. Note: you may want to research this by talking to those in your profession or researching appropriate attire for your profession as this may differ from what you viewed in the presentation. In addition, review the Credibility Robbers information from the Unit 2 Learning Activities.
- Describe and analyze what makes someone a professional in your field. Use research to support your ideas for this paragraph.
- Explain the behavioral attributes you practice that identify you as a professional (review Units 1–3 for information).
- What aspects, such as attire, non-verbal communication skills, and presentation of self, do you possess that make you professional? How do these aspects relate specifically to your field?
Your submission should:
- Have a brief introductory and concluding paragraph
- Be about 2 pages, double-spaced, in length using 12 pt. Times New Roman font
- Include a title page and reference page (note: these do not count towards the two-page content requirement).
- Be clearly written in Standard English. Be sure to proofread your assignment before posting to ensure you have proper grammar and writing mechanics.
- Be unified, original, and insightful
- Follow proper APA format for both in-text citations and sources on reference page.
When the Assignment is complete, save your Assignment in MS Word format and submit it in the Dropbox for Unit 3 Assignment.
Make sure that you save a copy of your Assignment.
A special feature is available to help you with reviewing your Unit 3 Assignment for plagiarism. When you submit your Assignment to the Unit 3 Dropbox, your Assignment will automatically be analyzed by the plagiarism detection tool, Turnitin. Soon after you submit your Assignment, you will be able to view the Turnitin Originality Report. Originality Reports provide a summary of matching or highly similar text found in a submitted paper. When an Originality Report is available for viewing, an icon will appear in the report column of the Assignment Inbox. Originality Reports are only available in the InBox. For this reason, you will need to download the report prior to the grading of the Unit 3 Assignment. To do this, click on the print icon at the bottom of the Originality Report. This will prepare a readable, PDF version of the Originality Report that you can save to your computer.
- a year ago