What law will the court apply?
Ron Cardigan, son of Camille and Ray (Camille’s first husband) has met with Camille and Candie to form a limited liability company designed to be a place where young future clothing designers can work as part of an internship before entering fashion design school. Ron contributes 40% of the capital, and Camille and Candie each contribute 30%. Because it was Ron’s idea, he assumes he will receive more of the profits than Camille and Candie. Further, his contribution was greater than each of theirs. Camille and Candie feel they should all split the profits equally, as everyone has a unique talent that is being brought forth to run the new business. A dispute over the profits arises, and ultimately a court has to decide the issue.
Determine the following:
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
- What law will the court apply?
- In most states, what will result?
- How could this dispute have been avoided in the first place? Assess fully.
Justify your answer using information from your Reading and be sure to:
- Assess the laws that govern the limited liability companies [Uniform Limited Liability Company Act (ULLCA)].
- Evaluate how these laws frame our scenario and how a court would rule.
- Conclude how Ron, Camille, and Candie could have avoided the dispute by creating an operating agreement and integrating operating procedures into a written agreement.
COURSEBOOK: Miller, R. L. (2012). Cengage Advantage Books: Fundamentals of Business Law: Summarized Cases. Nelson Education.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now